Today I thought I’d do a happiness post. Sometimes its really hard to be happy but if you're struggling its really worth giving these a go, they work well for me!
1. Smile. Even if you don’t feel like it. It instantly brightens your mood and others around you. You never know, someone else may be feeling miserable as well and you could make their day.
2. Do something you enjoy doing. Whether it be lounging around at home in front of the TV with some goodies, going to the pub for some food and drinks, going shopping, playing games or just listening to some music. If you’re doing something you enjoy, your mood will lift and you will forget about whatever is on your mind.
3. Buy yourself that thing you’ve been lusting over for months. Whether it’s an item of clothing, a bag, shoes, makeup, anything. If you’ve wanted it for ages, and haven’t bought it yet, do it!
4. Buy an item of clothing you know you’ll look good in. If you know you look good in something, you feel more confident and therefore much happier. For example, I’ve recently discovered orange lipstick, and when I wear it at the weekends (feels a bit bright for the week) I feel so happy and confident.
5. Wear something bright. If you’re wearing black or grey all the time, your mood is likely to be the same. If you add a bit of colour to your outfit, it can lift your mood pretty much instantly.
6. Do some exercise. I know when you’re feeling down, exercise can be the last thing on your mind. But it’s proven to release happy endorphins, so it’s worth a shot. No matter what exercise you do, as long as you get your blood pumping, you’re pretty much guaranteed to feel happier (plus if you exercise regularly you’re going to get a hot body too, which will make you feel good!)
7. Grab a friend and give each other a makeover based on how you’d do your own makeup. Take pictures. It can be a really fun activity and you might find a new makeup look you really like (or you could hate it but at least it’ll be a laugh). Plus if you take pictures you’ll have the nice memories to look back on forever.
8. Take a walk. Walking can clear your head big time. If you feel down about something, take a walk and ask yourself why you’re letting whatever it is get to you so much. The fresh air can do wonders for perspective.
9. Write a list of all the things you like about yourself. It can be anything, your eyes, your hair, but it doesn’t just have to be cosmetic things. It can be the pasta dish you make better than anyone you know or the way to resolve a situation.
10. Play your favourite music and dance around the room like a crazy person. Like when you were a kid, pretending to be Britney Spears with the hairbrush? Remember how much fun you used to have? Relive your childhood and let loose without a care in the world.
That’s it from me. I hope you like my tips and leave yours below for me too. See you soon